- Hyun Soon CHO, Ph.D.(full-time professor)
- Faculty Appointment
- Associate Professor, Department of Cancer Control and Population Health, NCC-GCSP
- Area of Expertise
- Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Cancer Surveillance and Survivorship, Comparative Effectiveness Research
- Work Experience
- - Senior Scientist, Cancer Surveillance Branch, National Cancer Control Research Institute, National Cancer Center, Korea
- Senior Scientist, Cancer Registration and Statistics Branch, National Cancer Control Research Institute, National Cancer
- Statistician, Surveillance Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer
Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
- Educational Background
- 1998 B.S. Statistics (minor: computer science); Kyungpook National University, Korea;
2000 M.S. Statistics Kyungpook National University, Korea; Statistics
2009 Ph.D. Biostatistics;Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- Research Interests (Please place in paragraph form)
- Dr. Cho has expertise on statistical methods in population-based cancer research including cancer statistics, epidemiology, survival models and simulation studies. Dr. Cho received her Ph.D in Biostatistics from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on Bayesian methodology. Prior to Joining National Cancer Center of Korea, she worked at Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) program of National Cancer Institute, USA.
She is interested in studies of cancer Surveillance and Survivorship: i) Monitoring cancer burden and progress against cancer; ii) Measurements related to understanding cancer patients’ Survival and Cure, Health status, and Quality of life.
Her other interest includes Comparative Effectiveness Research providing evidence on the effectiveness, benefits, and harms of different treatment options and health care interventions.
- International Collaboration
- Committee, North American Association of Central Cancer Registries (NAACCR), Survival Analysis Task Force
NCI, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, Surveillance Research Program
Member, NCI Center for Global Health, East Asia Regional Interest Group
Member,American Statistical Association (ASA)
Member,International Biometric Society, Eastern North American Region (ENAR)