- Myong Cheol LIM, M.D., Ph.D. (adjunct professor)
- Faculty Appointment
- Professor, Department of Cancer Control and Population Health, NCC-GCSP
Senior Scientist, Gynecologic Cancer Branch, Research institute, National Cancer Center, Korea
Staff, Gynecologic Oncologist, Center for Uterine Cancer, Hospital, National Cancer Center, Korea
- Area of Expertise
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Work Experience
- Mar.2010– Gynecologic Oncologist,Center for Uterine Cancer, Hospital, National Cancer Center Korea
Mar.2012– Senior scientist,Gynecologic Cancer Branch, Research Institute, National Cancer Center Korea
- Educational Background
- PhD, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Republic of Korea (2009)
MD, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Republic of Korea (1999)
- Research Interests (Please place in paragraph form)
- Myong Cheol LIM, M.D., Ph.D. is the gynecologic oncologist and staff surgeon at the National Cancer Center, Korea.
Dr. Lim’s clinical expertise includes the surgical management of gynecologic cancers, including ovarian, fallopian, primary peritoneal, cervical and endometrial cancer. He is one of the pioneers of cytoreductive surgery for peritoneal cancer such asovarian cancer, pseudomyxomaperitoneii, and mesothelioma.
Dr. Lim’s main research interests are 1) Surgery and targeted therapyfor gynecologic cancers, 2) Minimal invasive surgery, laparoscopic and robotic surgery, and natural orifice trans-luminal surgery (NOTES), anddevelopment of surgical instrument, 3) Hereditary/familial (gynecologic) cancers 4)Cancer statistics,patterns of health care delivery, and clinical guideline,5) Cancer survivorship: sexuality, lymphedema, exercise, sarcopenia, and secondary cancer.
- International Collaboration
- Editor, Journal of Gynecologic Oncology
Editorial board, Surgery, BioMed Research International and Journal of Tumor
Member of board of directors, Korean Society of Lymphedema
Member of board of directors, Korean Society of Peritoneal Surface Malignancy
Reviewer (International Journal of Gynecologic Cancer, Journal of Korean Medical Science, Journal of Gynecologic Oncology, Obstetrics and Gynecology Investigation, Journal of Laparoendoscopic& Advanced Surgical Techniques, Gynecologic Oncology, Molecular Oncology, BMC Medical Imaging, BMC Anesthesiology, World Journal of Surgical Oncology, British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Case Reports in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tumor Biology, and Obstetrics & Gynecology Science)