- Han, Kyu-Tae
- Faculty Appointment
- Associate Professor, Department of Cancer Control and Population Health, NCC-GCSP (Senior Researcher, Division of Cancer Control and Policy & Cancer Big Data Center)
- Area of Expertise
- Health Policy, Health Services Research
- Contact no
- Work Experience
Researcher, Research and Analysis Team, National Health Insurance Service Ilsan Hospital (2017-2018)
Researcher, Institute of Health Services Research, Yonsei University, Seoul, Republic of Korea (2013-Present)
Teaching assistant, Department of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine, Yonsei University (2016-2017)
Teaching assistant, Department of Health Policy Management, Graduate School of Public Health, Yonsei University (2015-2016)
- Educational Background
Ph.D. Public Health (Integrated PhD program, Health Policy), Department of Public Health, College of Medicine, Yonsei University (2017)
BA, Healthcare Management, Department of Health Administration and Management, College of Medical Sciences, Soon Chun Hyang University (2013)
- Research Interests
- Dr. Han is interested in the field of Health Policy and Management. He involves in cancer policy fields, including financial aid program for cancer patients. He has worked several research fields in healthcare area, and experienced various public health studies, in particular health policy aspects. He has published over 130 papers about health policy, health services research, healthcare quality, and public health using national health insurance claim data.
*1st or corresponding author (SCI, SSCI, or SCIE)
1. Chang, J., Han, K. T., Medina, M., & Kim, S. J. (2022). Palliative care and healthcare utilization among deceased metastatic lung cancer patients in US hospitals. BMC Palliative Care, 21(1), 1-8.
2. Choi, D. W., Kim, S., Kim, D. W., & Han, K. T. (2022). Fragmentation of care and colorectal cancer survival in South Korea: comparisons according to treatment at multiple hospitals. Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology, 1-11.
3. Han, K. T., Chang, J., Choi, D. W., Kim, S., Kim, D. J., Chang, Y. J., & Kim, S. J. (2022). Association of institutional transition of cancer care with mortality in elderly patients with lung cancer: a retrospective cohort study using national claim data. BMC cancer, 22(1), 1-10.
4. Han, K. T., Kim, W., & Kim, S. (2022). Disparities in healthcare expenditures according to economic status in cancer patients undergoing end-of-life care. BMC cancer, 22(1), 1-9.
5. Han, K. T., & Kim, S. (2022). Lipid-lowering drug adherence and combination therapy effects on gastrointestinal cancer in patients with dyslipidemia without diabetes: a retrospective cohort study in South Korea. BMC cancer, 22(1), 1-9.
6. Kim, W., Han, K. T., & Kim, S. (2022). Health-related quality of life among cancer patients and survivors and its relationship with current employment status. Supportive Care in Cancer, 1-9.
7. Han, K. T., Choi, D. W., & Kim, S. (2021). Regional and income disparities in treatment and drug adherence of patients with dyslipidemia: a retrospective cohort study in South Korea, 2003–2015. BMC geriatrics, 21(1), 1-10.
8. Kim, W., Han, K. T., & Kim, S. (2021). Do Patients Residing in Provincial Areas Transport and Spend More on Cancer Treatment in Korea?. International journal of environmental research and public health, 18(17), 9247.
9. Han, K. T., Kim, W., Song, A., Ju, Y. J., Choi, D. W., & Kim, S. (2021). Is time-to-treatment associated with higher mortality in Korean elderly lung cancer patients?. Health Policy.
10. Han, K. T., & Kim, S. (2021). Post-Diagnostic Statin Use Reduces Mortality in South Korean Patients with Dyslipidemia and Gastrointestinal Cancer. Journal of Clinical Medicine, 10(11), 2361.
11. Han, K. T., Yu, Y. L., Kim, W., & Kang, S. (2021). Is Korean society prepared for the financial burden of novel anticancer drugs? A survey of willingness to pay among National Health Insurance beneficiaries. Supportive Care in Cancer, 1-8.
12. Han, K. T., & Kim, S. (2021). Do cholesterol levels and continuity of statin use affect colorectal cancer incidence in older adults under 75 years of age?. Plos one, 16(4), e0250716.
13. Han, K. T., Kim, W., & Kim, S. (2021). Does Delaying Time in Cancer Treatment Affect Mortality? A Retrospective Cohort Study of Korean Lung and Gastric Cancer Patients. International journal of environmental research and public health, 18(7), 3462.
14. Han, K. T., & Kim, S. (2021). Regional Prevalence of Dyslipidemia, Healthcare Utilization, and Cardiovascular Disease Risk in South Korean: A Retrospective Cohort Study. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18(2), 538.
15. Han, K. T., & Kim, S. J. (2021). Association between early treatment hospitals, serum cholesterol level and cardiovascular disease risk in dyslipidemia patients. European Journal of Public Health, 31(2), 265-271.
16. Han, K. T., & Kim, S. J. (2021). Are serum cholesterol levels associated with cognitive impairment and depression in elderly individuals without dementia?: A retrospective cohort study in South Korea. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 36(1), 163-173.
17. Han, K. T., & Kim, S. J. (2021). Regional factors associated with the prevalence of metabolic syndrome: Focusing on the role of healthcare providers. Health & Social Care in the Community, 29(1), 104-112.
18. Han, K. T., & Kim, S. J. (2020). Instability in daily life and depression: The impact of sleep variance between weekday and weekend in South Korean workers. Health & Social Care in the Community, 28(3), 874-882.
19. Choi, D. W., Han, K. T., Jeon, J., Jang, S. I., Kim, S. J., & Park, E. C. (2019). Association between depressive-symptom trajectories and cognitive function in the late middle-aged and older population: results of the Korean Longitudinal Study of Ageing. Scientific reports, 9(1), 7807.
20. Han, K. T., Nam, J. H., & Park, E. C. (2019). Do Sleep Disorders Positively Correlate with Dry Eye Syndrome? Results of National Claim Data. International journal of environmental research and public health, 16(5), 878.
21. Han, K. T., Kim, S. J., Park, E. C., Hahm, M. I., & Kim, S. J. (2019). Governmental designation of emergency medical institutes: 30 days mortality by types of designation. Journal of the neurological sciences, 397, 162-168.
22. Yoo, J. S., Han, K. T., Chung, S. H., & Park, E. C. (2019). Association between awareness of nutrition labeling and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol concentration in cancer survivors and the general population: The Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (KNHANES) 2010–2016. BMC cancer, 19(1), 16.
23. Han, K. T., Cho, G., & Kim, E. (2018). Evaluation of the Association between Gestational Diabetes Mellitus at First Pregnancy and Cancer within 10 Years Postpartum Using National Health Insurance Data in South Korea. International journal of environmental research and public health, 15(12), 2646.
24. Han, K. T., Kim, D., Kim, S., & Kim, S. (2018). Biological Age Is Associated with the Active Use of Nutrition Data. International journal of environmental research and public health, 15(11), 2431.
25. Han KT, Kim DW, Kim SJ. Is Sleep Duration Associated with Biological Age (BA)?: Analysis of (2010⁻2015) South Korean NHANES Dataset South Korea. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2018 Sep 14;15(9).
26. Han KT, Kim SJ, Kim DJ, Kim SJ. Does the active use of nutrition labeling reduce the risk of diabetes mellitus? Results of insulin resistance using Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Prim Care Diabetes. 2018 Oct;12(5):445-452.
27. Han KT, Kim SJ, Kim SJ, Yoo JW, Park EC. Do Reduced Copayments Affect Mortality after Surgery due to Stroke? An Interrupted Time Series Analysis of a National Cohort Sampled in 2003-2012. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2018 Jun;27(6):1502-1510.
28. Choi, S. K., Han, K. T., Kim, S. J., Sohn, T. Y., Jeon, B., & Park, E. C. (2017). Computed Tomography Spending and Utilization for Inpatients with Cerebral Infarction in South Korea. Health Policy and Management, 27(4), 359-365.
29. Park HJ, Kim MS, Park EC, Jang SY, Kim W, Han KT. Association between sleep disorder and panic disorder in South Korea: Nationwide nested case-control study of data from 2004 to 2013. Psychiatry Res. 2017 Dec 5;260:286-291.
30. Woon Kwak C, Han KT, Mo Nam C, Tae Moon K, Yoon HS, Park EC. Income disparity and mortality among patients with alcohol use disorder in South Korea. Psychiatry Res. 2017 Dec;258:358-364.
31. Choi H, Yang SY, Cho HS, Park EC, Han KT. Mortality differences by surgical volume among patients with stomach cancer: a threshold for a favorable volume-outcome relationship.
32. Han KT, Kim SJ, Ju YJ, Choi JW, Park EC. Do hospital characteristics influence Cesarean delivery? Analysis of National Health Insurance claim data. Eur J Public Health. 2017 May 7.
33. Cho YJ, Kim DY, Park EC, Han KT. Thyroid fine-needle aspiration biopsy positively correlates with increased diagnosis of thyroid cancer in South Korean patients. BMC Cancer. 2017 Feb 7;17(1):114.
34. Kim, J. Y., Kweon, K. H., Kim, M. J., Park, E. C., Jang, S. Y., Kim, W., & Han, K. T. (2016). Is nutritional labeling associated with individual health? The effects of labeling-based awareness on dyslipidemia risk in a South Korean population. Nutr J. 2016 Sep 15;15(1):81.
35. Han KT, Bae HC, Lee SG, Kim SJ, Kim W, Lee HJ, Ju YJ, Park EC. Are sleep disorders associated with increased mortality in asthma patients? BMC Pulm Med. 2016 Nov 17;16(1):154.
36. Cho MS, Han KT, Park S, Moon KT, Park EC. The differences in healthcare utilization for dental caries based on the implementation of water fluoridation in South Korea. BMC Oral Health. 2016 Nov 8;16(1):119.
37. Han K T, Lee H J, Park E C, Kim W, Jang S I, Kim T H. Length of stay and readmission in lumbar intervertebral disc disorder inpatients by hospital characteristics and volumes. Health Policy, 2016;120(9), 1008-1016.
38. Choi HH, Han KT, Nam CM, Moon KT, Kim W, Park EC. Association between human resources and risk of hospitalisation in end-stage renal disease outpatients receiving haemodialysis: a longitudinal cohort study using claim data during 2013-2014. BMJ Open. 2016 Sep 13;6(9):e011319corr1.
39. Ha HJ, Han KT, Kim SJ, Sohn TY, Jeon B, Park EC: Changes in Saturday outpatient volume and billings after introducing the Saturday incentive programme to clinics in South Korea: a longitudinal cohort study using claims data from 2012 to 2014. BMJ Open. 2016 Sep 13;6(9):e011248corr1.
40. Han K-T, Kim W, Kim SJ, Jang S-Y, Ju YJ, Chun SY, et al. Sleep disorders and risk of hospitalization in patients with mood disorders: Analysis of the National Sample Cohort over 10 years. Psychiatry Res 2016;245:259-66 .
41. Han KT, Jang SY, Park S, Cho KH, Yoo KB, Choi Y, Park EC: Social Welfare Centers Protect Outpatients with Mood Disorders from Risk of Hospital Admission. PLoS One 2016, 11(1):e0146754.
42. Han KT, Kim J, Nam CM, Moon KT, Lee SG, Kim SJ, Ju YJ, Kwon JA, Kim SJ, Kim W et al: Association between reduction in copayment and gastric cancer patient concentration to the capital area in South Korea: NHI cohort 2003-2013. Health Policy 2016, 120(6):580-589.
43. Han KT, Lee SY, Kim SJ, Hahm MI, Jang SI, Kim SJ, Kim W, Park EC: Readmission rates of South Korean psychiatric inpatients by inpatient volumes per psychiatrist. BMC psychiatry 2016, 16:96.
44. Han KT, Park EC, Kim SJ: Unmet healthcare needs and community health center utilization among the low-income population based on a nationwide community health survey. Health Policy 2016, 120(6):630-637.
45. Han KT, Kim SJ, Jang SI, Hahm MI, Kim SJ, Lee SY, Park EC: The outcomes of psychiatric inpatients by proportion of experienced psychiatrists and nurse staffing in hospital: New findings on improving the quality of mental health care in South Korea. Psychiatry research 2015, 229(3):880-886.
46. Han KT, Kim SJ, Jang SI, Kim SJ, Lee SY, Lee HJ, Park EC: Positive correlation between care given by specialists and registered nurses and improved outcomes for stroke patients. Journal of the neurological sciences 2015, 353(1-2):137-142.
47. Han KT, Kim SJ, Kim W, Jang SI, Yoo KB: Associations of volume and other hospital characteristics on mortality within 30 days of acute myocardial infarction in South Korea. BMJ Open. 2015 Nov 6;5(11):e009186.
48. Han KT, Park EC, Kim SJ, Kim W, Hahm MI, Jang SI, Lee SG: Effective strategy for improving health care outcomes: Multidisciplinary care in cerebral infarction patients. Health Policy 2015, 119(8):1039-1045.
49. Han, K.-T., Kim, S. J., Park, E.-C., Yoo, K.-B., Kwon, J. A., & Kim, T. H. (2015). Does Home Oxygen Therapy Slow Down the Progression of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases? Korean Journal of Hospice and Palliative Care, 18(2), 128-135 [Korean].
50. Yoon SH, Han KT, Kim SJ, Sohn TY, Jeon B, Kim W, Park EC: Combined effect of body mass index and body size perception on metabolic syndrome in South Korea: results of the fifth Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (2010-2012). BMC public health 2015, 15:554.
51. Yuk SM, Han KT, Kim SJ, Kim W, Sohn TY, Jeon B, Kim YM, Park EC: Consumption of pharmaceutical drugs in exception region of separation for drug prescribing and dispensing program in South Korea. Substance abuse treatment, prevention, and policy 2015, 10:36.
52. Han KT, Kim SJ, Song H, Chun SY, Kim CO, Kim JS, Park EC: Associations between quality of life and marital status in cancer patients and survivors. Asian Pacific journal of cancer prevention : APJCP 2014, 15(13):5287-5291.
53. Han KT, Park EC, Kim JH, Kim SJ, Park S: Is marital status associated with quality of life? Health and quality of life outcomes 2014, 12:109.
54. Han KT, Park EC, Kim SJ, Jang SI, Shin J, Kim CO, Choi JW, Lee SG: Factors affecting the quality of life of Korean cancer survivors who return to the workplace. Asian Pacific journal of cancer prevention : APJCP 2014, 15(20):8783-8788.
55. Han KT, Kim SJ, Lee SY, Park EC: Cost-effectiveness analysis of HPV vaccination: comparing the general population with socially vulnerable individuals. Asian Pacific journal of cancer prevention: APJCP 2014, 15(19):8503-8508.