- Young Joo WON, Ph.D.(adjunct professor)
- Faculty Appointment
- Associate Professor, Department of Cancer Control and Population Health, NCC-GCSP
Head, Division of Cancer Registration & Surveillance, National Cancer Control Institute, National Cancer Center
- Area of Expertise
- Cancer Registration and Statisticsmultiple Primary Cancers, Childhood, Adolescent and Young Adult Cancers
- Work Experience
- Chief, Cancer Registration and Statistics Branch,
National Cancer Control Institute, National Cancer Center
- Educational Background
- 1991 Yonsei University; Health Science; B.A.
1997 Yonsei University; School of Public Health; M.P.H.
2006 Catholic University; School of Public Health; Ph.D.
- Research Interests (Please place in paragraph form)
- Young Joo WON, PhD, MPH, CTR is the Head of the Division of Cancer Registration and Surveillance and the current PI of the National Cancer Registration and Statistics System. Dr. Won has worked with the Korea Central Cancer Registry for over 14 years and has collaborated with numerous researchers to utilize the registry population for rapid case ascertainment and other research studies.
She has extensive experience with hospital and population-based registry data, registry operations, building of standardized manual, education for tumor registrar, uses of the registry for research purposes.
Her current research interests include cancer registration and statistics, multiple primary cancers, childhood, adolescent and young adult cancers.
- International Collaboration
- APJCP International Sub-Editor
CONCORD II study working group member