Home > Admissions > Admission Guideline
How to Apply
Submission of application package can be done either in person or via post.
- In person: Academic & Student Affairs Team, GCSP (8:00~17:00, Monday~Friday)
- Via post (Address): Office of Academic & Student Affairs, Graduate School of Cancer Science and Policy
National Cancer Center, Prevention Building 10Fl.
Ilsanro 323, Ilsandong-gu, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea (Post code 10408)
- Telephone number: +82-31-920-2754
Important Note for Applicant
- All documents for submission excluding the letter of recommendation should be enclosed in an envelope and sent by the applicant.
- Applicants should confirm that they have supplied the requested documents mentioned in the checklist and the checklist must be attached to the front of the submitted documents.
- Applicants should submit original hard copies of their application form and supporting documents.
- Applicants should be fully responsible for any disadvantages (cancellation of acceptance, etc.) caused by any falsification or omission on the application. Therefore, please go through all requirements and responses prior to the final submission.
- Any disadvantages resulted from entering wrong contact details will be the applicant’s responsibility. Please enter accurate and valid contact number (including home and mobile) and e-mail address for immediate contact by the admissions office.
- ONLY application package arrived at the office on or before the deadline are acceptable.
- Any documents already submitted will not be returned.
- *GCSP is affiliated with the NCC, an institute leading anti-smoking culture; therefore, those smoking candidates will be exempted from the admission offer.
Application•PersonalStatement•Statement of Purpose
- Your photo must have been taken within the last three months, and taken without a hat on. You may use a photo in .jpg format.
- All contact numbers must be reachable.
Letter of Recommendation
- Download the form at the homepage.
- The letter must be sealed and mailed by recommender, not applicant
Educational Background and Transcript
- The GCSP requires applicant to submit an original copy of official transcript. Applicant who is currently in bachelor’s degree program may submit a certificate of attendance in lieu of submitting the proof of expected graduation date.
- Those transfer students need to submit a transcript that includes all the courses completed at the colleges they have attended.
- Those who have graduated from university outside of Korea should submit a copy of Bachelor’s degree.
- In 'College/University' and 'Graduate School', list all schools attended starting from the recent one.
- All applicants should provide a proof of their English language proficiency a minimum of 550 (PBT), 210 (CBT) or 80 (IBT), 550 (TEPS), 5.5 (IELTS) or 700 (TOEIC).
- The test must have taken within 2 years prior to application submission. Test score comes out after the application deadline is not acceptable.
- Only the scores from English proficiency test options mentioned above are acceptable.
- Those who have graduated or will graduate from universities in English-speaking counties are not required to submit a proof of English proficiency.
- Applicant should write her/his career or affiliation on the application if applicable. The original proof documents should be submitted.
- Applicant is allowed to submit the documents that can prove his/her excellence such as other thesis paper, patent or awards upon the applicant’s willingness.
- Applicants who apply for special admission quota should submit the documents to prove eligibility.